Saturday, July 16, 2005

Summer Travels

[I'm resisting a strong urge to rant but I really don't want to start off that way. So here are some fun and beautiful things instead:]


Hats I Knit on the Plane for my Nieces





You can read more about the family visit over at Emily's blog. There's a pic of me in action with needles in hand. After I dropped off the gift hats to the girls, followed by a spirited teaching of the card game "Go Fish" to my little 5-year old nephew [its clear that my avuncular mind powers and influence are taking hold BWA HA HA HA HA] it was time to get on with the real purpose of my trip:

The Rest of the Week in New York with Phideaux!

We had a glorious time, and it was especially fun due to the fact that Downtown Yarns is around the corner from his apartment.

I brought that thrift-store fantasia tweed yarn on the plane, and the freindly and helpful girl at DY helped me pick burgundy nature wool to go with it, which worked beautifully, shown in swatch below:




They have the Sweater Wizard computer program there, and she worked up a cardigan pattern for me for free! So, here is the WIP:


If I'm lucky, it might come off the needles in time for late winter.

Also on the needles:

I'm Goin' Trekking!


short socks in Trekking #100

5 Comments:

Blogger Emily said...

Call me and rant to me. Love, Your big sister
p.s. those socks are going to be awesome

12:05 PM  
Blogger Jeri said...

Lovely to meet you in New york, Tres! And it was fabulous to see the start of that sweater from DY...must visit myself sometime, tho for now Flying Fingers is my lys. Great sox to be.
Hope you are enjoying home...

5:18 PM  
Blogger Wilma Fingerdu said...

aww...you are to cute, those ats are adorable! I need to figure out what I want to make on my trip to Vegas in a few days

2:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The color looks great with the two yarns. I am excited to see how it turns out...

Drew
knit-o-rama

1:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i need a new post - how do i know that you're ok?

6:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home