Sunday, September 18, 2005

Socks Ahoy!

As promised, here are picts of the socks in progress:



L to R: Trekking; Koigu



Trekking: Ready for heel flap.



Koigu: Turned the heel last night.

Did you get that?

I turned the heel last night!!!

And it worked!


Hooray!



_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

In other news
:

I rode my motorcycle for the first time today.

This was a weekend for firsts!

I got the motorcycle almost two years ago as a semi-disassembled bunch of parts. It turns out that my neighbor Mark has almost the identical bike. It only took us a couple of weekends to get the thing running. So yesterday, I went out and got a final, crucial piece of equipment:


See Mom? I'm being careful!


Now that the thing was running, I knew that if I didn't take decisive action, it would sit around for another couple of years before I ever got around to licensing it [or myself] and actually using it. So, Mark motored us over to a nearby empty parking lot for some riding lessons. I had a ball. I will need some practice before taking my driving test, but its not hard to handle at all.

The bike is a 1971 BMW R60/5, modeled below by the MLI Spokesdogs, P + T.

I'm really looking forward to 50 miles per gallon.

3 Comments:

Blogger Earl3d said...

They will be two pair eventually; I guess the picts were confusing. I'm not trying to make a fashion statement about unmatched socks or anything.

7:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE the socks and the dogs! Great pictures!

6:52 AM  
Blogger Melody Johnson said...

I am laffing hysterically at the sox pics. too wonderful and so happy that you have discovered the joys of sox knitting.
And then to see the new old Beemer! Wait til I show my dh. He will love seeing this thing transformed into a shiny collectors bike. Good for you!

6:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home